First of all, let me say "you can do it." I'm sure you've heard all the negative nancies in the world tell you that your relationship isn't going to make it. It isn't the same as couples who are together in the same town, blah blah blah. In the words of my mom when I was growing up, "be a duck and let it roll off your back." This is just a little list of positive ideas (and a few tips) I have gathered from my friends and family after 8 months of distance.
1. You enjoy your time together more, and appreciate it.
2. With distance some of the mystery and magic can last longer. Hello extended honeymoon stage!
3. 1 word: FaceTime. (Unless Skype is more your thing)
4. Always, always, always have some sort of plan for the next time you'll see each other. (Even if it's 6 months away) This keeps hope alive.
5. The best tip I got from a friend was that a deadline was essential. You have to see some light at the end of the tunnel. If it's a serious relationship you'll be able to start planning how to merge your lives together.
6. Prayer knows no distance. Pray for your significant other. It will make you feel close even when you're far apart.