1. Working so hard for something, just to have setbacks beyond your control.
This happened to me this week, when Pinterest blacklisted my blog. That means they blocked my entire website as "spam" and I could no longer pin from it, nor could anyone click my links without a warning that this pin leads to spam. It was infuriating, especially since I've promoted a few pins in the past, so I essentially had paid for things that tarnished my blog's reputation as, well, NOT spam. They don't have the best customer service, but eventually they did take my blog off the black list.
2. Blogger comparison
It is super hard to watch people who started this gig at the same time as you just take off and become super successful, while you struggle slowly for every follower and blog view. It seems like you're either doing the exact same thing as them, without the same results.
3. Spending all your time on it
I really do enjoy blogging, but sometimes I'm like, "oh my gosh I'm wasting my entire summer break off from teaching on the internet, struggling to gain traction for this little baby!" But I know I would miss it if I stopped, and I just try and force myself to go on walks, and see friends, etc to keep it from taking over my life!
On the other hand, just this week I...
1. Got contacted for a collaboration from a company I've actually heard of before
2. Received my first Influenster box of makeup goodies from Hourglass because of my social media reach, (not because I interact on the site, because unfortunately, ain't nobody got time for that)
3. Interacted with people all over the world in a supportive community of fashion-loving people on Instagram
4. Got to barter services with a friend for a blog feature in exchange for an awesome sign
So, all in all, blogging can be really fun and rewarding, as long as you don't let your emotions (like envy or defeat) get the better of you.
Friday FinaleWith just a grand total of 2 blog posts this week, this won't take long!
1. #ootd : Leopard and Orange- a fun and unexpected combination
I hope to have a lot more posts up next week!