I recently went on an amazing road trip with my mom and grandma. We had a great time, and I wanted to share some of the things that made it that way! These can either be fun, or a driving nightmare. So let's get down to the tips and tricks that made it such a great time.
1. Pick a really fun group to go with
My mom is such a relaxed person that doesn't get upset by little things, and my 82 year old grandma is always up for anything. Have a group of people whose personalities mesh, and who will be up for the same sorts of activities.
2. Don't be afraid to make unintended stops
3. Try to plan your trip around places you have friends and family living.
4. Don't be afraid to be flexible and change plans
5. Slow down and Enjoy the little things
Road tripping essentials:
1. Have a general map of where you're going and when, both for your host families and for your family at home in case of emergency
2. Wear your seatbelt. Why are people still not doing this?? It could save your life.
3. Do not text, get on social media, or play games (Pokemon!) while driving. Some studies have shown that it's just as impairing behind the wheel as drinking.